Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Disney Customer Service

In a world where customer service seems to be disappearing, it is nice to see a company like Disney still cares about their guests. I see this first hand working as a Disney Cast Member at Disney-MGM Studios. I love my job playing with guests, but the part I enjoy even more is that we are empowered to actually make a difference in a guest's vacation.

One of my favorite stories as a Cast Member is when I was walking back to costuming (after my shift) and I saw a little girl with a Mickey Mouse ice cream. In the Florida heat, ice cream does not last very long. She was eating her new ice cream and the whole thing fell off the stick onto the ground. I saw this from a distance and saw the look on her face when that ice cream fell. It was like her whole world just ended. I walked over and told her it was okay. I helped pick up the ice cream and throw it away and handed her a coupon for a free replacement ice cream. All of a sudden the magic of Disney was back. For me, this is why I worked at Disney World; for little moments like that. It was not Disney's fault that the ice cream fell, but in a split second we made her vacation and her parents vacation just a little more magical.

I was able to make this ice cream spill a little better for her vacation because I actually saw it happen. Many times we (as Cast Members) do not see these situations or know that your child is celebrating a birthday or that your room did not have enough blankets. It is your job as a guest to make sure Disney knows if you need something. If you have a question or request during your vacation, talk with Guest Services at your resort or the Disney Theme Parks. You will be surprised what "magic" can be accommplished when you just ask!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home